How to describe people and things is an art that makes our communication better and more effective because people are interested to listen to them or talking about how the person he is. Sometimes we also speak about the things that people have and people are also interested to listen about the things that they have. So in communication, if we describe the people and things that they have it will definitely make our communication positively. While describing, we describe the nature of the people, personality, etc. So let’s learn about How to describe people and things in English
- We do describe the personality and things that time we use adjective so for describing we must have the knowledge of adjective or we can say that we must have the vocabulary of the adjective as well as the sentence structure.
What is an adjective?
- An adjective is a word that gives more information about a person, place, or thing.
- Adjective gives the information about colour, shape, height, taste, quality, nature, etc. about the people or things.
The adjective that shows colour of a person: How to describe people and things in English
- Pasty white
The adjective that shows the height of a person:
The adjective that shows the physical appearance of a person:
The adjective that shows the look of a person:
The adjective that shows the nature of a person:
- Calm and cool
The adjective that shows things:
- John is fair.
- He is tall and slim.
- Seeta is dark. She is short and fat.
- Mr. Sharma is strict but kind.
- My all friends are co-operative.
- Her brother is free and frank.
- He is a kind person.
- The table is so hard.
- The rose flower is so soft.
- Our principal is a noble man.
- She is a clever girl.
- I am an open-minded person.
- He is a handsome man.
- She is a beautiful girl.
- My grandfather is a strict man.
- He is a shout boy.
- He is wheatish.
- He is a slender girl.
- It is so a spicy dish.
- He has helpful nature.
- He is a brave man.
- She is an honest girl.
- My mother is a miser woman.
- She is a shy girl.
- He is a hopeless boy.
How to ask about personality or things?
- What does Seema look like?
- Tell me something about her?
- How is your father’s nature?
- What is the taste of the dish?
- Is he fatty or slim?
- Is your teacher strict?
Describing the people:
|She is||Old, young, middle, aged, fat, overweight, slim, thin, well-built, tall, dark, beautiful, funny, cute, really rich, gorgeous, rosy cheeks….|
|He has (got)||Oval face, square face, round face, long, black hair, straight hair, curly hair, blue eyes, long nose, fair skin, dark skin, bushy eyebrows, regular teeth, crooked teeth……..|
- John: What’s your new teacher look like?
- Sam: she is cute. She has long hair and a round face.
- John: How is her nature?
- Sam: She is kind but very strict.
- Mrs. Sharma: How is the taste of the dish?
- Mr. Sharma: It is very delicious but a little bit sugary.
- Rahul: Tell me something about your future Bride?
- Jay: She may have a round face and black hair. She should be tall and slim.
- Om: How is your new friend Jay?
- Jay: She is beautiful, tall, and slim.
- Om: Tell me something more about her?
- Jay: She has an oval face and brown hair.
- Vijay: Have you bought a new chair?
- Ajay: Yes I brought it yesterday.
- Vijay: How it is?
- Ajay: It is very tough and strong.
- Rahul: Why does your brother always quarrel with you?
- Ramesh: He is a very narrow-minded person.
- Seeta: How is your husband?
- Geeta: He is handsome. He is a hardworking man and a very cooperative person.
- Teacher 1: How is that new student?
- Teacher 2: He is a very clever and hardworking boy.
- Reena: How is your fiancée look like?
- Meena: He is tall and very handsome.
- Heena: Tell me something about your brother?
- Rahul: He is very mischievous and always energetic.
In this way, we can use adjectives to describe a person or thing as they are and make our conversation meaningful and effective.
You may also learn about:
How To Talk About Cause In English.
[…] How to describe people and things in English. […]