In our daily life we do some activities, we communicate but sometimes we do mistakes but that time we have to say sorry to the person. How to say sorry is an art to convince the people if we do some mistakes. We can apologize differently by using different ways of saying How to say sorry in the English language.
- In this article, you will learn how to say sorry to others and how to forgive others.
Vocabulary: How to say sorry.
- To Excuse
- To beg
- To feel sorry
Expressions: How to say sorry.
- I am Sorry / I am extremely sorry.
- Excuse me.
- Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Sorry to trouble you.
- I beg your pardon.
- I feel sorry to hear about your father’s death.
- Forgive, please.
- I was pained when I heard that…….
- Are you angry? Then I am sorry.
- If you are hurt; by me, please forgive me.
- I am feeling very bad.
- I do apologize for…….
- I must apologize for…….
- I apologize for……..
- I would apologize for……..
- I am so sorry for………
- It’s my entire fault.
- Please, forgive me for……..
- I am terribly sorry for……
- Pardon me for this………
- Please, accept my apologies for………
Response: How to react when someone says sorry to you.
- It’s all right.
- It’s okay.
- Don’t apologize.
- OK, I excused you.
- That’s all right.
- Never mind.
- It doesn’t matter.
- Don’t worry about it.
- Don’t mention it.
- That’s OK.
- I quite understand.
- You couldn’t help it.
- Forgive about it.
- Don’t worry about it.
- No harm done.
- It was not your fault.
- It is OK, it happens.
Exercise: How to say sorry and how to forgive.
- Rahul: Excuse me, sir.
- Teacher: Yes.
- Rahul: Sorry to trouble you at this time. But I have some difficulties. Will you help me?
- Teacher: I am sorry Rahul. I can not help you now, because I have an urgent meeting now. Come tomorrow evening. I will certainly help you.
- Rahul: It’s all right, sir. I will come to you tomorrow.
- Customer: Oh, excuse me. I just spilled my coffee on your carpet.
- Shopkeeper: It’s ok, it’s no big deal.
- Pranav: I have been waiting for Mr. Sharma for thirty minutes.
- Receptionist: I am sorry, but he is still in a meeting.
- Mohan: I am sorry; I got angry at you at the party.
- Geeta: That’s too bad. Everyone will be disappointed.
- Mohan: Please, forgive me.
- Geeta: Its ok but be careful next time.
- Passenger 1: I am sorry if I have caused any problem.
- Passenger 2: No, no problem at all.
- Rahul: I am sorry, I am late. Have you been waiting long?
- Mohan: It’s ok, I just got there.
- Passerby 1: Oh, I am terribly sorry, Sir. Are you all right?
- Passerby 2: I am all right. Don’t worry.
- A: Ouch!
- B: Oh, I beg your pardon.
- Friend 1: Oh, I forgot to bring your bag. I am sorry.
- Friend 2: It’s all right dear. Don’t forget next time.
- A: What is your name?
- B: My name is Sandeep.
- A: Pardon?
- B: Sandeep.
- Customer: “Excuse me, but there’s a problem with the air conditioner”
- Shopkeeper: I will get someone to check it for you.
- Customer: Excuse me; the microwave is not working properly. Will you please send someone to check?
- Shopkeeper: “Sorry to hear that – I will send someone up”
- Friend 1: I was pained when I heard about your accident.
- Friend 2: It doesn’t matter. Don’t worry about it.
- Sanjay: I am extremely sorry that I didn’t attend your marriage function.
- Rahul: It is ok, I quite understand.
- Friend 1: I am ashamed of my behavior.
- Friend 2: It’s all right. You couldn’t help it.
- A: I am really feeling very bad. I beg your pardon.
- B: That’s all right. Don’t worry.
- A: If you were hurt by me, I would like to apologize for it by words.
- B: Never mind and forget about it.
- A: Sorry, I couldn’t see you. Have you hurt?
- B: No harm done. It was not your fault.
- A: I must apologize for my mistake.
- B: It’s ok. Don’t apologize.
- A: Extremely sorry, it’s all my fault.
- B: OK, I excused you.
- A: Excuse me. Will you give me some space to pass?
- B: Oh, sorry, definitely, please.
- A: Sorry to trouble you. Will you please help me?
- B: It’s OK.
- Sister: I am really feeling very bad about the incident.
- Brother: It doesn’t matter. It was not your fault.
In this way, we can improve our communication effectively and positively by learning about how to say sorry and how to forgive others.
You may also learn about:
How to introduce Yourself in English.
[…] You may learn about: How to say Sorry in English. […]
[…] How to say Sorry in English […]
Heⅼlo! Tһis is my first visit to your blog! We are а team of voluntеers and starting a
new initiative in a community in the same niche. Your
blog provided us beneficial information to work on. You һaνe done a extraordinary job!