Yoga is given by India to the world or we can say that Yoga is introduced by India. Every year 21st of June is celebrated as International Yoga Day worldwide. It is the 9th international Yoga Day which is going to be celebrated all over the world. The Yoga Day theme is Yoga for Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam which will be observed in this year 2023. On this Yoga Day all schools, colleges, and offices are going to celebrate.
- Through Yoga, we can make our bodies enthusiastic and energetic. Yoga makes our body flexible. All over the world, people are started to do Yoga. People are showing their interest in Yoga and they are getting many benefits from Yoga. People feel inner peace of mind by doing Yoga. So let’s start to do Yoga and make the resolution to do Yoga regularly from the 21st of June 2023.
History of Yoga:
Eventually, somewhere in the range of the first and fifth century CE, the Hindu sage Patanjali arranged the old, thoughtful customs rehearsed all through India. He recorded methods almost as old as Indian progress itself in 196 manuals called Yoga Sutras. This text characterized Yoga as the burdening or limiting of the brain from zeroing in on outer items in endeavors to arrive at a condition of unadulterated cognizance. After some time Yoga came to consolidate actual components of gymnastics and wrestling.
Today, there are different ways to deal with present-day Yoga however most still keep up with the three central components of Patanjali’s training: actual stances, breathing activities, and profound examination. This mix on the off chance that physical and mental activity is generally accepted to have an interesting arrangement of wellbeing benefits.
History of the celebration of International Yoga day:
- For the first time, Indian Prime Minister Shree Narendra Modiji started to celebrate international yoga day. He urges the world to do yoga for the benefit of heath. Prime Minister Shree Narendra Modiji has taken initiative to celebrate the yoga day and later it is accepted in the United Nations General Assembly in the year 2014. On 21st June 2014, the International Yoga Day is started celebrated and it is the 9th international Yoga Day that is going to celebrate on the 21st of June 2023
Benefits of yoga:
- Yoga improves strengths and flexibility.
- Yoga boots heart and lung functions.
- Yoga enhances psychological well-being.
- Yoga decreases stress and strain.
- Yoga improves mood and reduces chronic pain.
- The yoga exercise of frequent stretching reduces the body’s natural reflex to constrict muscle and improves body pain tolerance for feats of flexibility.
- Yoga helps to remove body pain and improves the mobility of the body.
- Yoga helps to remove lower back pain, rheumatoid arthritis, and osteoporosis.
- Yoga increases the blood’s oxygen content.
- Yoga improves symptoms of depression and anxiety disorders.
- Yoga makes an impact on reducing heart attacks, cancer rates, cognitive function, and lung diseases.
- Yoga makes our body flexible and increases our inner peace of soul.
- Yoga increases the immune system and boosts the energy of the body.
- Yoga increases the stability and mobility of the body.
|Years of International Yoga Day
|Themes of International Yoga Day
|Yoga for Harmony and Peace
|Yoga for Connect the Youth
|Yoga for Health
|Yoga for Peace
|Yoga for Climate Action
|Yoga at Home
|Yoga for Wellness
|Yoga for Humanity
|Yoga for Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam
Postures of Yoga: Yogasana
- Sukhasana/ Easy Pose
- Naukasana /Boat Pose
- Vkrasana /Twisted Pose
- Bhujangasana /Crow Pose
- halasana/ Plough Pose
- Sarvangasana /Shoulder Stand
- Shirsasana /Headstand
- Gomukhasana/ Cow Face Pose
You may also learn about: Father’s Day 19 June